Our Highland veterinarians are happy to care for your dog’s or cat’s immediate needs; from immediate illnesses to last minute vaccine appointments. All Prompt Care patients will be seen in the order their name appears on our waitlist, except for emergencies which will be seen immediately.
- For emergencies Monday through Friday, 7am to 5:30 pm., call (309) 828-7722 and come directly to Highland Pet Hospital anytime.
- If after 6pm, call (309) 665-5020 and go directly to Animal Emergency Clinic of McLean County.
How to schedule a Prompt Care appointment
- The easiest way to schedule a Prompt Care appointment is to click on the button labeled “Schedule PC Appt”. You will be asked to fill in your name, pet’s name, reason for visit and your phone number. It is that easy; you are now “in line” waiting for your appointment.
- If you do not like electronic scheduling, please feel free to call Highland Pet Hospital at (309) 828-7722 and we can enter you on the list and let you know the anticipated wait time. It is just that easy!
- If the time wait time in under 30 minutes, please come in!
- If the listed wait time is over 30 minutes, feel free to wait at home until your wait time is 30 minutes or under. (Again if you are concerned about whether or not your pet is having an emergency – do not wait – come in. Emergencies are seen immediately.)
- As soon as you sign-in, you will begin receiving texts updating your wait time.
- You can use the Wait Time feature located with the sign in sheet to choose a time when the wait time is low. Just monitor the waits throughout the day and choose what you like. You do not have to sign in to monitor the approximate wait times. We do this to help our patients avoid excessive wait times in the office. (No fun for anyone!) Sign in only when you are ready to come in!
- If your pet has not been seen for vaccinations within the past year – do note this on the reason for your visit and wait in your car until our staff come out. We will make sure there is not an infectious disease threat before having you or your pet enter the building.